Service and Price list
We believe in being open, honest and offering a transparent pricing system which is both fair and excellent value for money.
Every chimney, and how it works, is different so we’ve tried – as far as possible – to provide flat fees meaning there’s no nasty surprises.
Please see below for details as well as Terms & Conditions:
- Lined stoves and other appliances – from 80€
- Unlined appliances and Open fires – on a quote by quote basis starting from 95€. Due to the non standard nature of open fires, a quote will be supplied dependant on the size and height of the chimney.
* Please note standard sweeping does not include removal of nests, wildlife and other blockages from a chimney. See below for prices and other T&Cs*
SPECIALIST REMOVAL SERVICES
- Bird’s Nest removal – From 150€. Due to the nature of bird’s nests varying in make up, the time it takes to remove such a blockage can vary dramatically. As such, should the blockage take more than an hour to remove, additional time will be charged at a rate of 30€ per half hour. A CCTV inspection of the flue will be conducted to guarantee the removal of the nest or any other debris. Please note, should the nest be suspected to contain life, it is our policy not to remove the nest between February and August inclusive.
- Chemical Tar Removal Service – From 395€. This is a 2 week chemical treatment applied to a flue which has large deposits of tar or creosote. Removal of these deposits is essential as using the flue while in this state can cause a chimney fire. Tar and creosote must also be removed before fitting a liner.
- Débistrage – On a quote by quote basis. Should a chemical treatment not be possible to remove tar build up, the mechanical removal of deposits with wire whips/chains is often a viable alternative. Prior to lining a stove, all ancient tar deposits must be removed from the chimney. Often sweeping with brushes alone is not sufficient for the removal of all deposits, leading to a debistrage being required. Please note: We do not undertake any Débistrage work during the sweeping season
- CCTV inspection – From 60€.
- Basic Smoke test – From 10€.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm – 25€.
- Moisture Meter – 25€.
- Stovepipe Thermometer – 15€.
PRICING TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
No Sweep Call Out Fee – 30€: We do not offer free quotation visits. Unless previously agreed upon; appointments are booked on the basis that we will be attending to sweep a chimney or chimneys. In the event of being unable to sweep an appliance due to access issues, inappropriate installation or other hazards present, we reserve the right to charge a standard minimum 25€ Call out fee if no sweeping is undertaken. Bespoke advice on the nature of the fault(s), suggested remedial actions and, where relevant, completion of appropriate documentation will be provided as a diagnostic at an additional 30€ per fire.
Out of hours/Emergency Call Out Fee – 25€: Our appointment hours are Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. If you require an appointment outside of these hours, we reserve the right to charge an additional 25€ out of hours call out fee.
Missed Appointment Fee – 40€: A call out fee of 40€ will be charged if, upon arriving at a scheduled appointment, we are unable to gain access to a property for any reason. To reschedule or cancel appointments, please call 07 66 48 70 69 by noon the day beforehand.
Late Payment Fee: Payment via bank transfer is required within 14 days of the invoice date. Payments made outside of this period will incur a penalty of 10€ per fortnight.
Upfront payment: We do not usually request any payment be made prior to an appointment. It is our policy that should late payment have been made for any previous work undertaken, any future work will require payment in advance in full once the booking has been confirmed and before the work has commenced.
Flue and Fireplace Location/Height Charges: Fireplaces other than those on the ground or first floor will incur an additional charge of 10€ per flue. Properties which are taller than 2 storeys in height will incur an additional fee of 5€ per storey, per flue.
Disassembly and reassembly of installation: In the unlikley circumstance that an installation must be adapted to gain entry to the flue, additional work will be charged starting from 10€.
Key retrieval Fee: In the event that a key must be obtained offsite for entry to the property, an additional retrieval fee of 10€ will be charged.
Preparation for the sweeping appointment: Appliances must not be used at all in the 24 hours leading up to an appointment. Please remove any ash/debris/other items from the fire grate so it is clear. A space of around 6ft in front of the fireplace is required, so please move any coffee tables/furniture and items from the hearth.
Payment is due at the end of each appointment. Cash or cheque payments are preferred. Payment via Bank transfer is required within 14 days of work completion.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Your chimney will be inspected by a professional chimney sweep assessed to national standards and registered with the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps.
All services are carried out in good faith; brief visual inspections are carried out of the appliance and chimney, but due to the concealed nature of chimneys and associated appliances, information should not be relied upon as a guarantee that the appliance and/or chimney are safe and/or free of faults or issues related to age, misuse, or poor installation.
The chimney sweep will assume unless otherwise told by the homeowner or the person allowing him/her entry into the property that the appliance is correctly and safely installed and is in a fit state to be swept.
If a fault occurs during sweeping, this is not the fault of the sweep; for a chimney and items connected to the installation to be considered fit for use, it must be in such condition that it can be safely cleaned and tested. If damage is caused during sweeping, this suggests an underlying fault which simply was exposed by the sweeping process.
PETS AND CHILDREN
It is your responsibility to keep pets and children supervised within the property throughout our visit. They should remain in a separate room for the duration of our visit and have a designated responsible person(s) with them at all times. We cannot accept liability for loss or injury.
The sweeping process involves multiple trips to and from our vehicle. This means access doors sometimes remain open. It is the responsibility of the customer or their designated person to ensure all valuables are secure and away from the work route/area.
By making an appointment with us, you accept all above terms and conditions.
Find our latest piece in Etcetera Magazine (July 2021 page 48-49)
Got a question? Send us an Email